Saturday, April 29, 2006

Latest on the Living History Tour

I have some new dates and venues to add to my upcoming Living History Tour for The Vanishing Point in June.

Since it's a Living History Tour, I will be wearing authentic 17th century costume. As a special treat, at each of my bookstore readings, I will be raffling free copies of The Vanishing Point to people who also turn up in 17th century costume. This should be fun to see how many re-enactment fans and history people come out of the woodwork!

(Obviously I can only do this at regular bookstores, not at the living history sites and museums where everybody is walking around in costume! One free book will be raffled at each bookstore event.)


5:00 Friday, June 9: Bay Books, California, MD

1:00 Saturday, June 10: Mystery Loves Company Bookstore,Baltimore, MD

11:00 Sunday, June 11: Annapolis Visitors Center, Annapolis, MD

2:00 Sunday, June 11: The Compleat Bookseller, Chestertown, MD

1:00 Monday, June 12: Bowes Books, Lexington Park, MD

7:00 Tuesday, June 13: Chapters: A Literary Bookstore, Washington, DC

7:00 Wednesday, June 14: Robins Books, Philadelphia, PA

4:30 Thursday, June 15: Hard Beans & Books, Annapolis, MD

5:00 Friday, June 16: Book Crossing, Brunswick, MD

11:00 Saturday, June 17: Historic St. Mary's City, St. Mary's City, MD

4:00 Saturday, June 17: Colonial Williamsburg Museum Bookstore, Williamsburg, VA

12:00 Sunday, June 18: Jamestown Settlement Museum Bookstore, Jamestown, VA

4:00 Sunday, June 18: William & Mary College Bookstore, Williamsburg VA

7:00 Tuesday, June 20: Merriam Park Library, St. Paul, MN

7:00 Wednesday, June 21: Micawber's Bookstore, St. Paul, MN

7:00 Thursday, June 22: Amazon Coop Bookstore, Minneapolis, MN

7:30 Friday, June 23: Majors & Quinn, Minneapolis, MN

7:00 Saturday, June 24: Northern Lights, Duluth, MN

tba Sunday, June 25: Drury Lane Books, Grand Marais, MN

7:30 Wednesday, June 28: Barnes & Noble, Edina Galleria, Edina, MN

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're coming to Minnesota for a signing of your new book! I'm a liberal male, fan of historical fiction, and I think I'll be able to make it to the Edina signing. Looking forward to seeing you there.

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary...

I've been reading your blog for a while via a feed to my LiveJournal friends page. I read The Vanishing Point a few weeks back, and I thought it was brilliant. I'm an avid reader (and writer) of historical fiction, but I'm not usually interested in the American Pilgrims. Despite that, I couldn't put your book down - the shifting perspectives were extremely effective for keeping the drama going.

Best of luck with the tour!

Faye

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home